Friday, July 18, 2014

A Good Company

Friday, July 18, 2014
Before anything else, I hope everyone's alright after typhoon Glenda hit our country. I'm praying for everyone's safety! I live in Laguna and I can say we experienced heavy rain and strong winds. Almost all the tree fell on the road and the streets are a mess. We still got no power and water at home so we're currently staying at McKinley Hill. I could really get used to the Manila life. Every mall, restaurant and coffee shop that I like are in the grasp of my hands!! LOL And of course, being in the confines of a four-cornered room (or not, lol, we almost always went out to grab a cup of drink or eat or watch movies or drop by a bookstore. HAHA) but what I'm saying is that we all need a good company. Especially in this very upsetting weather. And a good book is a perfect companion to comfort you and your thoughts about the calamity. It takes your mind off of it since you use your imagination and get so hooked up you don't wanna do anything but flip the pages of every book. Hungry and eager for how the story will turn out and end, or you might not want it to end at all, LOL. Well, yes that happens to me a lot! I was so eager to finish the book that I always stay up until 3am but after reading the last page, I keep wanting for more! Do you know the feeling that it's like you've been attached to the characters that you already feel what they feel?? HAHAHA. I feel the intensity of their fear and love through the words the authors used. *grabe kasi talaga yung kilig ko sa The One! Omg HAHA* Ahhhh, the feeling of reading a good book!!! And might I add, I love the scent of new books that I always smell it while running the pages through my fingers. So anyway, just thought I might share a few of my good reads this week. :) 



The Selection by Kiera Cass

"But know now that I don't want to be some princess. All I want is to be your wife."

"It was like he knew how to treat a lady, he just didn't know how to treat a date." 

"In my experience, true love is usually the most inconvenient kind."

"Maxon, I'm not completely sure what we are, but we're definitely more than friends."

"Time. I know. And I'm prepared to give you that. I only wish I knew that you'd actually want to be with me when that time was over." -Prince Maxon



The Elite by Kiera Cass

"But how was I supposed to decide between two good possibilities? How could I make a choice that would leave some part of me devastated either way?"

"How did this person-someone I'd imagined would be my polar opposite-always seem to find the things that would make me the happiest?"

"We'd be a wonderful us." -Prince Maxon

"That was so typical of him, always trying to be my hero."

"You know that you've found something amazing, and you want to hold on to it forever; and every second after you have it, you fear the moment you might lose it."

"Love is beautiful fear."

“I don’t know if I’m supposed to be holding on or letting go.” -Aspen

“Trust me, Mer, any man who passes up the chance to be with you is the stupid one.” -Aspen

“Sometimes his words were like single lines of poetry”

“Honestly? I was trying to give the other girls a sporting chance. From the beginning, I’ve really only looked at you, wanted you” - Prince Maxon

“All I want is your promise to stay with me, to be mine. Sometimes it feels like you can’t possibly be real. Promise me you’ll stay” -Prince Maxon

“Maxon and I started all this as friends, and maybe that’s all we were meant to be: close friends. But I was crushed.”

“Sometimes I feel like we’re a knot, too tangled to be taken apart”-Aspen

“Whatever was coming, I’d just face it. I’d have to.”

“It wasn’t like I made his world better. It was like I was his world.”

“You were my pick. My only pick”- prince



The One by Kierra Cass

"But responsibilities come with that privilege."

"We get close and then something happens and it falls apart, and you never seem to be able to make a decision."

"I'd rather lose you now than have gone a lifetime without this." - Kriss

" I like that we disagree - it's one of my favorite things about you, actually - but I don't want to argue anymore." -Prince

"Mistakes mean it's real." -Mr. Singer

"We were friends who realized they didn't want to be without each other. We were the other's opposite in many ways but also so very similar. I couldn't call our relationship fate, but it did seem bigger than anything I'd known before."

"I couldn't pinpoint what made me so certain, but I knew it then, as surely as I knew my name or the color of the sky or any fact written in a book."

"I know. But sometimes it's about what you want to do, not what you have to." -Prince Maxon

"I don't need a line, I just need one." - Elise

"I'm going to love you more than any man has loved a woman, more than you ever dreamed you could be loved." -Prince Maxon

"But also...I want everything with you, America. I want the holidays and the birthdays, the busy seasons and lazy weekends. I want peanut butter fingerprints on my spdesk. I want inside jokes and fights and everything. I want a life with you." -Prince Maxon

"Break my heart. Break it a thousand times if you like. It was only ever yours to break anyway." -Prince Maxon



The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer Smith

"Is it better to have had a good thing and lost it, or never to have had it?"

"It's something about the way he's looking at her, his eyes punching a neat little hole in her heart."


This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer Smith

I'm just halfway through the book and I can't wait to finish it!! HAHA.


"But the truth was, he was pretty sure he was falling for a girl he'd never met before, a girl whose name he didn't even know."


"Looks like the wrong kind of bait can get you the right kind of fish." -Mr. Larkin

"It was like the simplest of math problems; the answer was right there in front of her, but even so, a part of her was still having trouble believing it."

"How are you supposed to find what you're looking for if you're not convinced it's even out there?" -Graham


Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

I haven't really started this one yet but it's my next target after I finish This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer Smith. I heard and read so many good reviews about it.

So there it is. If you're bored and have nothing else to do or just curious about these books, just give it a shot. It's worth the read! :) 

P.S. I just heard about the news about MH17. So heartbreaking! Sending all my prayers to the passengers and their families :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dress Diaries © 2014